SAO PAULO – Fiat SpA's Iveco unit plans to produce the Stralis heavy-duty truck and its engine in Brazil by the end of the year. The truck maker says its 40-ton (36-t) Stralis HD380, currently built in Argentina, will be produced at its Sete Lagoas, Minas Gerais, factory beginning in August. Iveco also plans to invest $8 million to produce the truck's Cursor 13 engine in Brazil. Currently it is built in France and shipped to Argentina. "We plan to begin production of Stralis in two ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Iveco Shifts Stralis Production to Brazil" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.