The alliance between India’s Tata Motors Ltd. and Fiat Auto SpA may be expanded beyond passenger cars to the commercial-vehicle market. Published reports says Fiat’s commercial unit, Iveco SpA, a previous partner of Ashok Leyland Ltd., is part of the discussions between the two auto makers. The proposed tie-up would give Tata access to European technology at a time when its domestic competition is increasing. Iveco, in turn, would gain entry into India’s growing market in order to become ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Iveco, Tata Could Expand Alliance to Commercial Vehicles" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.