OAO IzhAvto and Kia Motors Corp. ink a deal for assembly of the Kia Spectra 4-door sedan in Russia. Izhevsk-based IzhAvto will begin producing the Spectra, sold as the Kia Shuma in Europe, beginning November 2004. Output is targeted to hit 1,000 units in 2004 and 40,000 in 2005. The plan is to reach annual production of 120,000 cars by 2007. The deal also calls for Kia to provide technical training for IzhAvto’s workers and assistance in upgrading the company’s facilities. There is no ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"IzhAvto to Assemble Kia Spectra" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
For WardsAuto.com pricing and subscription information please contact
Lisa Williamson by email: email@example.com or phone: (248) 799-2642
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.