VIENNA – OAO IzhAvto, the Russian auto maker that builds Izh and Lada cars, began assembly of the Kia Spectra from kits at its site in Izhevsk. The deal with Kia Motors Corp. was signed in October 2003. Only 596 Spectras will be assembled this year, as IzhAvto tests the market and finalizes its marketing strategy and pricing. Kia Spectra The production program for 2005-2007 will be formulated based on the test marketing and negotiations with Kia. Plans published last ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"IzhAvto Starts Kia Spectra Assembly" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.