VIENNA – Russian auto maker DOAO Izhmash-Avto, Europe’s most eastern car plant, produces its 4 millionth vehicle, an Izh 2717 Oda pickup truck, at its plant in Izhevsk, Russian Repulic of Udmurtiya. Izhevsk production began in 1966. Izhmash initially produced Moskvich cars parallel to its Moscow-based Moskvich plant. In the 1970s, the company introduced the first Soviet hatchback, based on the Moskvich. It also produces car-based pickup trucks and small delivery vans. Izhmash ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Izhmash-Avto Builds 4 Millionth Vehicle" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.