SAN FRANCISCO – Jaguar Car’s shift from steel to aluminum body panels for its highest-end luxury XJ sedan likely is the beginning of a trend toward using the material for future products. Long-wheelbase XJ’s aluminum body. Using aluminum for next-generation Jaguars “is not something we can confirm today, but given the fact that we spent five years researching and doing all the work on aluminum and we’re so pleased with the results we’ve got back so far, there’s a very good chance it ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Jag Ponders Aluminum Future" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
For WardsAuto.com pricing and subscription information please contact
Lisa Williamson by email: firstname.lastname@example.org or phone: (248) 799-2642