HONG KONG — Jaguar launches its '00 model S-Type “Junior Jag” in Hong Kong with reportedly strong advance orders of 60 units. The car, priced here at about US$81,558, was first introduced at the British International Motor Show in October 1998. It began production in January at the expanded and renovated Castle Bromwich facilities in Birmingham, U.K. Initial production was slated at 50,000 units for 1999, rising to 55,000 next year. Roughly half of S-Type output is expected to be sold in ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Jaguar S-Type steers into Hong Kong market" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.