North American light-vehicle production is starting 2006 stronger than in 2005, including an improvement in capacity utilization. Based on a current production outlook by Ward’s, January North American output is projected at 1.300 million units, a 7.7% increase over like-2005’s 1.207 million.(See related data: January Production Outlook) Year-ago’s output was hampered by temporary slowdowns at several plants due to bloated U.S. inventory levels from 2004. All the same, January 2006 ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"January North American Production to Rise" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.