If North American auto makers have any concerns about an excessive inventory buildup, they aren’t in evidence in the latest round of output schedules put forth by production planners. Indeed, the already strong first quarter plan has acquired added muscle in the form of a 152,000-unit increase – led by an anticipated 71,600-unit January overbuild. (see related story: Ward's North America Production Schedule) First quarter output now stands at a planned 4,404,200 – 3.5% above ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"January Overbuild Leads Boost in Q1 Output Plans" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.