TOCHIGI, Japan – Japan’s top supplier of drivetrain couplings for 4-wheel-drive and all-wheel-drive vehicles slowly is shifting gears from mechanical to electronic controls. Tochigi Fuji Sangyo K.K., which sold 1.2 million viscous coupling center differentials last year (produced by ViscoDrive Japan, a joint venture with Germany’s GKN Automotive GmbH), has begun putting emphasis on an electromagnetically controlled center differential called EMCD. The unit, which regulates torque by way ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Japanese 4WD Supplier Moves Toward New Technology" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.