TOKYO â€“ An economic turnaround seems finally to be under way in Japan, but the most critical question remains unanswered: Can the recovery be sustained? While Tokyo authorities insist the economy is on a gradual recovery path, Central bank officials say it is too early to reverse the ultra-easy monetary policy that has kept interest rates near zero for the last three years. "The recovery is real, but the economy is still in the intensive care unit," Richard Koo, chief economist-Nomura ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Japanese Auto Makers Prosper Despite Economyâ€™s Slow Recovery" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.