TOKYO – In a striking reversal of fortune, Japan's leading auto makers not only recouped financial losses over the past two years but added to their cash holdings. Cash Position of Japanese Auto Makers (in billions) Sept. 2008 March 2009 Sept. 2009 March 2010 Toyota ¥4,215.4* ¥3,324.1 ¥4,066.9 ¥4,656.3 Suzuki ¥1,188.0 ¥1,369.0 ¥1,539.0 ¥1,473.0 Honda ¥954.4 ¥690.3 ¥945.7 ¥1,119.9 Nissan ¥500.1 ¥632.7 ¥670.2 ¥802.4 Mazda ¥112.4 ¥181.4 ¥172.3 ¥271.0 Mitsubishi ¥312.7 ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Japanese Auto Makers Recover Cash Cushions" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.