Japanese new-vehicle sales tumbled 32.4% in February to 218,212 units, and a despairing Japan Automobile Dealers Assn. says it can’t see an end to the slump. Passenger-car deliveries dropped 32.2% to 194,236 units for the seventh consecutive monthly decline, while truck sales plunged 35.2% to 22,693, down for the 29th straight month. The results follow a 27.9% decline in January sales to 174,281 units, and Japan’s Kyodo News service quotes JADA as saying consumers increasingly are not ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Japanese Sales Plunge in February" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
For WardsAuto.com pricing and subscription information please contact
Lisa Williamson by email: firstname.lastname@example.org or phone: (248) 799-2642
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.