Simple math can be graphic as well as educational. Each year, Toyota Motor Corp. ships about 56,000 40-ft. (12-m) containers, filled with “Made in Japan” systems and components, to 67 assembly plants around the world. Even more surprising: Denso Corp., Toyota’s main supplier, transports 12,000 40-ft. containers from Japan annually to more than 90 plants it operates in 26 countries. Looking at the larger picture, the Japanese government estimates exports of automotive components to ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Japanese Suppliers Continue to Extend Global Reach Via Exports, Local Plants" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.