General Motors Corp. has picked Johnson Controls Inc. to design the interior of its next-generation minivans (codename GMT240), and is prepared to give two more suppliers similar assignments in the next two weeks, Ward's has learned. Effective immediately, Johnson Controls also has been given control of passenger compartment parts sourcing for the current minivans. The moves are part of GM's effort to lower costs, cut development time and improve interiors by naming “lead interior ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"JCI Gets GM Minivan Interior Deal" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
For WardsAuto.com pricing and subscription information please contact
Lisa Williamson by email: email@example.com or phone: (248) 799-2642
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.