Jeep Wrangler seats will be sourced from India starting in 2010 because Chrysler LLC pulls the plug on a Johnson Controls Inc. plant in Northwood, Ohio. Chrysler declines comment, but a United Auto Workers union official, who represents hourly employees at the affected site as well as the nearby Wrangler assembly plant in Toledo, confirms the move. Chrysler has “violated the spirit” of the union’s ongoing cooperation, says Bruce Baumhower, president of UAW Local 12. In an extension of ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"JCI Loses Jeep Seat Contract to India-Based Supplier" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.