DETROIT – Just how many seat frame designs does the auto industry need? Johnson Controls Inc. says one will do, although the seat supplier says it spends vast resources designing a different frame for each of its auto maker customers. JCI’s new philosophy prods auto makers to consider a basic architecture that can be used from customer to customer to generate huge savings. Those savings can then be reinvested in features that consumers quickly recognize as added value, such as a ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"JCI Pitches Universal Seat Frame" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.