Johnson Controls Inc. hopes to take a big "leap" forward in passenger comfort. The interiors megasupplier announced today (Jan. 5) at the North American International Auto Show that it is partnering with Steelcase Inc., the Grand Rapids, MI, manufacturer of office furniture, to develop a new concept in automotive seating. It’s called Leap, and it’s based on an office chair that Steelcase has been producing for four years. Leap uses two patented technologies that are ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"JCI, Steelcase Partner for Comfort" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.