J.D. Power and Associates predicts a 10% increase in production of 4-wheel-drive vehicles in North America over the next four years. J.D. Power’s recently released 2004 Global 4WD-Driveline Market Report shows that while 4WD vehicles make up just one-quarter of all new North American light-vehicle output currently, they will account for 37% of production by 2008. J.D. Power credits the future growth to systems based on front-wheel drive, which should double from the current 13% of the ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"J.D. Power Predicts 4WD Growth of 10% in North America" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.