A new survey released by J.D. Power & Associates says hybrid electric vehicle sales will exceed 500,000 units annually by 2008 and hit 872,000 by 2013. The 2003 Hybrid Vehicle Outlook predicts hybrids will account for 1% of the overall U.S. vehicle market by 2005, rising to 3% by 2009. By 2013, they will make up 5% of all vehicles sold. The most notable growth will be in the truck segment, where trucks are expected to account for 39% of all hybrid sales by 2005. The forecast is ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"J.D. Power Says Hybrid Sales to Hit 872,000 by 2013" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.