The Canadian Auto Workers union says there will be an estimated 1,100 fewer jobs at Ford Motor Co. of Canada Ltd. by the end of 2008, when a new, tentative 3-year labor contract expires. “It’s a major restructuring, I don’t want to downplay it,” says CAW President Buzz Hargrove, who announced the tentative deal late Monday (Sept. 12) afternoon. Hargrove adds, “I describe it as a modest agreement, but a good agreement for tough times.” Buzz Hargrove Ford workers in Windsor, Ont., ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Job Cuts Part of CAW, Ford Agreement" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
For WardsAuto.com pricing and subscription information please contact
Lisa Williamson by email: email@example.com or phone: (248) 799-2642
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.