If you are a designer and you can say “tail fin” in Mandarin, Bill Barranco has a job for you. A high-level job. Demand for designers who speak China’s national language is contributing to a hiring surge described as a dramatic reversal from the cuts that prevailed two years ago as the industry wobbled on the cusp of a global economic meltdown. Back then, the market was rocked by austere measures such as the closure by Chrysler LLC of its renowned Pacifica design center in California. ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Job Market Reopening for Designers" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.