To get a scope on the outstanding year big truck makers are having consider that the 42,547 medium- and heavy-duty rigs sold in July — a 20.6% gain on year-ago — would've been a monthly high for 1998, but in 1999 it's the lowest total since February. Heavy-duty (Class 8) deliveries improved 25.1% compared to year-ago (21,933 vs. 17,530). Navistar International Transportation Corp. was the only manufacturer to post a decline in the segment. Seven months into 1999, Class 8 sales are up 28.8% ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"July Big Truck Sales Maintain Industry's Record Pace" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.