MUMBAI – Three years of market growth here may be coming to an end, as new-vehicle sales declined for the first time in 33 months in July. Industry deliveries totaled 113,822 units, down 1.4% from year-ago’s 115,481. “Sales may improve slightly in a few months, but the margins will continue to be tight,” says a Hyundai Motor India Ltd. spokesperson. Dilip Chenoy, director general of Society of Indian Automobile Manufacturers, now says a previous sales forecast of 3 million vehicles ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"July May Signal Slowdown in India Auto Market" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.