Like the calm before the storm, June North American output will be unimpressive but give way to a major rebound in July, a Ward’s forecast reveals. June will finish with an estimated build of 1,425,251 cars and trucks, falling 6.3% short of year-ago’s 1,521,101 units. That means second-quarter 2007 will wrap up with a total build of 4,162,319 vehicles, 2.6% behind like-2006’s 4,274,339. First-half 2007 should finish near 8,099,673 vehicles, down 5.4% from the previous year’s 8,561,519. ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"July Production to Soar Over Year-Ago" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.