North American manufacturers in June are expected to come close to plan while exceeding year-ago output. Inventories will remain at historic highs as the industry heads into the third quarter. And unless sales pick up, the likelihood of some production shortfalls vs. year-ago means inventories will increase during the remainder of the year. Ward’s estimates North American plants will assemble 1.446 million vehicles in June, or about 99% of what was scheduled at the beginning of the ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"June North American Production Near Plan; Inventories Remain High" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.