KANEGASAKI, Japan â€“ It may be the best untold success story in the auto industry: Kanto Auto Works Ltd., a subsidiary of giant Toyota Motor Corp., won the top two plant honors in last Juneâ€™s Initial Quality Study by J.D. Power & Associates. Kantoâ€™s Higashi-Fuji plant, home of the SC 430, a luxury coupe sold through Toyotaâ€™s Lexus channel, had finished second the year before and was gunning for the top spot in 2006. But it was Kantoâ€™s Iwate plant that zoomed past all contenders to win ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Kanto Autoâ€™s Newest Plant Leads Elite List" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.