PLYMOUTH, MI – Responding to weak market demand for sporty convertibles, Karmann USA Inc. this week launches a new business unit to rebuild and restore droptops for vintage cars in the U.S., with an emphasis on Karmann Ghias and Volkswagen Beetles. “As the original manufacturer of the VW Karmann Ghia and VW Beetle convertible, Karmann is uniquely positioned to rebuild convertible roof systems for these vehicles,” says Erik Roeren, president and CEO of Karmann USA. The Beetle convertible ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Karmann Puts Top Down on Recession" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.