VIENNA – Kia Motors Slovakia s.r.o. launches serial production of a new 115-hp, 4-cyl. 1.7L CRDi diesel engine at its plant near Zilina, Slovakia. The engine is destined for the new Hyundai ix35 and Kia Sportage cross/utility vehicles, manufactured in Slovakia for European markets. In addition to the new 1.7L powerplant, the Slovak plant manufactures 1.4L and 1.6L gasoline and diesel engines. The mills also are shipped to the Hyundai Motor Mfg. Czech s.r.o. plant in Nosovice, Czech ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Kia Begins 1.7L Diesel-Engine Output in Slovakia" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.