(Editor’s note: The story below has been corrected. Chung Sung-eun mistakenly was identified as Chung Eui-sun in the original posting.) Kia Motors Corp. confirms CEO Chung Sung-eun has resigned in connection with the recent recall of some 54,800 Soul and Sorento cross/utility vehicles to repair defective wiring harnesses that could cause fires. The recalls include 35,000 vehicles in the U.S., 18,000 in Korea and 1,800 in Brazil, according to Hyundai. “Mr. Chung left the company ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Kia CEO Resigns Due to Soul, Sorento Recalls" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.