TEPLICKA NAD VAHOM, Slovakia – Kia Motors Slovakia s.r.o. confirms plans for a second engine plant at its site here near the city of Zilina. The auto maker will spend more than €100 million ($136 million) on the second engine shop, which will create 270 new jobs. “The initial investment concerns an annual capacity of 150,000 engines, but the building as a whole is designed for a capacity of 300,000 units,” Kia Motors Slovakia President and CEO In-Kyu Bae tells Ward’s. “In the first ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Kia Confirms Second Engine Plant in Slovakia" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.