Last week’s firing of Kia Motors America’s top two executives had nothing to do with a cheeky new advertising campaign but everything to do with the desire by its new top official to clean house, sources close to the matter tell Ward’s. “When all this (firings) went down, Ahn (Byung-mo, KMA’s newly appointed chairman, president and CEO) had never even seen that ad,” says a person familiar with events Feb. 8, when KMA CEO Len Hunt and marketing chief Ian Beavis were summarily dismissed. ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Kia Firings Nothing to Do With Ad Campaign, Sources Say" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
For WardsAuto.com pricing and subscription information please contact
Lisa Williamson by email: firstname.lastname@example.org or phone: (248) 799-2642