Kia Motors Corp. confirms production of the all-new Carens multipurpose vehicle at its Hwasung, South Korea, plant has been halted by a labor dispute that began April 18, five days after startup. The auto maker says it hopes to restore operations sometime next week. Kia is looking to the new MPV, to be called the Rondo in the U.S. when it is introduced this fall, to boost sales in both the domestic and overseas markets. The vehicle was unveiled to news media in Seoul on April 13. ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Kia Labor Unrest Disrupts Carens/Rondo Sales Launch" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.