Kia Motors Corp. put two Korean-produced models on its Auto China 2010 stand in Beijing, even though one of them, the Chinese version of the ʼ11 Sportage cross/utility vehicle, is scheduled to begin serial production in China in October. “There was no vehicle available in China, so we shipped a Sportage over from Korea,” a spokesman says. A Chinese name for the new Sportage, which is going by its SL codename at the show, has not been decided, the spokesman says. The Chinese version ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Kia to Launch Next-Gen Sportage Output in China by October" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.