Kia Motors Corp. begins sales of its Forte LPI hybrid-electric vehicle in South Korea on the heels of Hyundai Motor Co. Ltd.’s launch last week of the Elantra LPI HEV. The two vehicles share the same mild-hybrid powertrain: A 1.6L LPI DOHC Atkinson-cycle Gamma engine that develops 114 hp and is mated to a continuously variable transmission. “The Forte LPI hybrid shares the same drivetrain as the Elantra hybrid, but we have modified the exterior and added many interior touches for the ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Kia Launches Sales of Forte Hybrid Amid Worker Strikes" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.