KIRKLAND, WA – When Kia Motors America releases its all-new Optima midsize sedan next spring, don't expect to see a Hyundai Sonata clone. Peter Butterfield, KMA president and CEO, says the Optima will look and feel quite different from the Sonata, which is all-new for the '06 model year. Hyundai has delivered 15,743 '06 Sonatas in the U.S. through August. Kia Optima (European Magentis) The Optima is being released in the infancy of a new directive from parent Hyundai Motor Co. Ltd. ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Kia Optima to Go Own Way" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
For WardsAuto.com pricing and subscription information please contact
Lisa Williamson by email: firstname.lastname@example.org or phone: (248) 799-2642
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.