Kia Motors Corp. posts fourth quarter 2002 earnings of 292.8 billion won ($245 million), more than doubling its like-2001 profit of 130 billion won ($109.3 million). Kia reportedly sold more higher-priced vehicles in the quarter, including the Sorento, Carnival and other high-margin SUVs. Kia also saw its operating profit for the quarter double to 310 billion won ($260.6 million). Sales increased to 4.3 trillion won ($3.6 billion), up 32%. For full-year 2002, Kia’s net income jumped ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Kia Posts 4Q Profit" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
For WardsAuto.com pricing and subscription information please contact
Lisa Williamson by email: email@example.com or phone: (248) 799-2642
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.