TEPLICKA NAD VAHOM, Slovakia – Engine production tops 1 million units since launch in November 2006 at the Kia Motors Slovakia car and engine plant here, near the city of Zilina. Currently, 1.4L and 1.6L gasoline engines and 1.4L, 1.6L and 1.7L diesel powerplants are manufactured in Slovakia. Gas engines accounted for some 60% of the first 1 million units. Kia produced about 320,100 engines in Slovakia last year, up 31.5% from 2009. The plant currently makes more than 1,350 engines a ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Kia Slovakia Builds 1 Millionth Engine; Prepares Second Plant" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.