TEPLICKA NAD VAHOM, Slovakia – Kia Motors Slovakia s.r.o., the Kia Motors Corp. plant based here near the city of Zilina, launches serial production of the Cee’d 5-door hatchback with plans to produce some 5,000 units by the end of the year. Two additional Cee’d body versions will be added in 2007, the 5-door wagon in August and 3-door hatchback in December. The €1 billion ($1.3 billion) plant also will manufacture the Kia Sportage cross/utility vehicle beginning next July. The facility ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Kia Slovakia Launches Production; Will Supply Engines to Hyundai" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.