SAN FRANCISCO – Kia Motors of America Inc. launches its all-new Sportage small cross/utility vehicle (CUV) at its 650 U.S. dealers this month, signaling a return to the marketplace after a 2-year hiatus. Introduced in 1994 along with the now-discontinued Spectra, Sportage sales peaked at 62,400 in 2000, but it was discontinued after the ’03 model year. Sportage exterior styling lacks "wow" element but is clean and contemporary. Kia officials say Sportage was held back because the ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Kia Sportage Returns After 2-Year Hiatus" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.