The Kia Sportage, now beginning a year-long hiatus, plans to return to the U.S. market in mid-2004 with a unibody structure, company insiders tell Ward’s. The first-generation Sportage is a body-on-frame compact SUV, but many of its competitors, such as Toyota Motor Corp. with its RAV-4, have favored a car-based offering for that segment. The last units of the Sportage are being sold off. The Sportage replacement is due to arrive sometime after June 2004 as an ’05 model and ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Kia Sportage Takes Year Off; Next Generation Car-Based" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.