Kia Motors Corp. plans to unwrap its new 7-passenger cross/utitlity vehicle in South Korea in December before its global premier at Detroit’s North American International Auto Show in January, a source tells Ward’s. Codenamed HM, the CUV is based on Kia’s Mesa concept first shown at the Detroit show in 2005, where it proved to be a hit with showgoers. Although billed as an ’09 model in the U.S., the HM will sell as an ’08 in Korea. The source does not divulge the name for the new entry, ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Kia to Unveil New HM CUV in Korea Before Detroit Debut" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.