DETROIT – Kia Motors America still wants a U.S. manufacturing plant and a fullsize body-on-frame pickup truck, but can’t say when either of these developments will occur. “Right now we need to build in the U.S.,” KMA President and CEO Peter Butterfield tells Ward’s. “We are continuing to talk about North American manufacturing and our positioning is not a question of whether or not, it’s a question of when,” he says. Kia still wants fullsize pickup truck. Asked if Kia would lean ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Kia: U.S. Plant, Fullsize Pickup Still Urgent Needs" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.