The loss of U.S. manufacturing jobs has become politically contentious, but automotive engineers are equally nervous that their jobs are bound to move offshore as well. In Kokomo, IN, where Delphi Corp. has headquarters and a technical center for its Electronics & Safety division (formerly Delco Electronics), engineers were apprehensive in 2000 when the company opened its Software Technical Center in Bangalore, India. (See related story: Technology Turns Bangalore into India's Silicon ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"From Kokomo to Bangalore, and Back" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.