The promised elimination of Chrysler Group LLC’s existing 4-speed transaxle could be under way with this week’s $43 million investment at two plants in Kokomo, IN. “As Chrysler Group works to implement the very robust business plan outlined on Nov. 4, 2009, our facilities in Kokomo will play an integral role in achieving those objectives,” Scott Garberding, senior vice president and head of manufacturing, says in a statement. However, the business plan also pledges a “phase-out” of the ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Kokomo Investment Throws Spotlight on Sebring, Avenger" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.