SEOUL — Exports of Korean cars to China soared to 5,031 units in the year’s first 10 months, marking year-on-year growth of 101%, says the Korea Automobile Manufacturers Assn. China’s imports of foreign cars are expected to grow in the wake of its entry into the World Trade Organization. The number of passenger car exports totaled 981 units, up 181%, while those of minivans and sport/utility vehicles and other multipurpose vehicles totaled 1,734 units. The shipment of buses totals 2,196.
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Korean China Exports Up" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.