The Seoul High Court Thursday suspended Hyundai Motor Group Chairman Chung Mong-kooâ€™s 3-year prison sentence for fraud and embezzlement for a period of five years. Chung will serve no time in jail and is free to operate Hyundai Motor Co. Ltd., Kia Motors Corp. and the other companies within the automotive group, so long as he breaks no laws. â€śThe court has been in agony over whether or not to keep (Chung) out of prison,â€ť Chief Justice Lee Jae-jong later tells reporters. â€śIn ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Korean Court Suspends Hyundai Chairmanâ€™s Prison Sentence" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.