South Korea’s Hyundai Motor Co. Ltd. says it was approached by Ford Motor Co. to buy Jaguar Cars but turned down the U.S. auto maker’s offer, a recent report in Korea’s Chosun Ilbo newspaper says. An unnamed Hyundai executive says in the report his company rejected what he calls the “informal offer,” which included the opportunity to buy Land Rover, as well. “The foreign press repeatedly reported that we’re likely to take over Ford’s Jaguar, but we ruled out the option,” the executive is ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Korean Report Says Ford Offered Jaguar to Hyundai" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.