Los Angeles will be one of the first cities in the U.S. to receive the hybrid powertrain buses that General Motors Corp. Vice Chairman Harry J. Pearce promised would be delivered beginning this fall (see Ward's Automotive Reports — Aug. 7, '00, p.3). Once the first of two buses is delivered in late October or early November, GM likely will be ready to disclose other cities that eventually will get the motor coaches. “We'll probably talk in more detail then,” says a spokesman. “This will ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"LA Gets First Hybrid Buses from GM" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.