MADRID â€“ Lear Corp.â€™s announcement of a program to eliminate 78 jobs at its Epila seat plant and idle an additional 32 employees has sparked a bitter labor dispute that is menacing Opel Corsa production in nearby Zaragoza. Lear has had three layoff programs since 2008 at the Epila facility, a former Delphi Corp. operation, as a result of lower-than-expected production of the Corsa at Zaragoza. General Motors Co.â€™s production plan for 2011 calls for 220,000 Corsas to be assembled, a ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Labor Conflict at Supplierâ€™s Plant Threatening Corsa Output in Spain" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.